Terms and Conditons
GENERAL SOCIAL MEDIA COMPETITIONS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- By entering Citiwood social media competitions, all participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- In order to be eligible to enter competitions, a participant:
2.1must be at least 18 years old and residing in the Republic of South Africa;
2.2must have signed up online to be a part of our community during the promotional period
2.3entered with a valid email address and mobile number;
- All participants who meet the eligibility requirements set out above will be automatically entered into the competition.
- The following persons and entities are not eligible to participate in the competition:
4.1directors, members, partners, employees, agents of or consultants to The Building Company (Pty) Ltd, its subsidiaries, divisions and/or associated companies (“Citiwood”) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by The Building Company, and their spouses, life partners, immediate family members and business partners;
4.2directors, members, partners, employees, agents of or consultants to the advertising and promotion agencies of The Building Company and their spouses, life partners, immediate family members and business partners; and
4.3The Building Companydirectors, members, partners, employees, agents of or consultants to The Building Company or any other person who directly or indirectly controls.
- The competition commences on the day of posting on social media and ends on a date selected by Citiwood.
- Winners will be drawn by random selection from all eligible entries. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence in this regard will be entered into.
- The prizes for competitions vary from case to case.
- The prizes are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or for any other item. If, for any reason,Citiwood cannot provide any of the prizes, Citiwood will award an alternative prize of a similar value.
- Each of the winners will be required to provide Citiwood with proof of identification in the form of a copy of his/her identity document, passport or South African driver’s licence.
- Notification and delivery of prizes:
10.1Each of the winner’s contact details will be obtained from the www.citiwood.co.za. Each winner will be informed telephonically and/or by e-mail within 24 hours after his/her name has been drawn, that he/she has won the prize.
10.2Citiwood reserves the right to disqualify a winner if he/she does not respond to the telephone call and/or e-mail within 72 hours of being contacted or the notification being despatched, indicating that he/she accepts the prize. In such event, Citiwood will be entitled to select another winner within 24 hours thereafter.
10.3If a winner cannot accept a prize for any reason, that winner will forfeit his/her prize and another winner will be selected. In order to claim his/her prize, a winner may contact Citiwood Head Office.
10.4The voucher is redeemable at winners’ nearest Citiwood store and will be deducted from their transaction.
- The winners’ names will be published on the official Citiwood website (www.citiwood.co.za) or other digital channels.
- Unless the winner specifically states otherwise, each winner agrees to participate in all promotional activity and hereby consents to Citiwood using his/her name, images and/or voice in any promotional material for the purpose of promoting the competition. No compensation will be payable for such use. The winner will have the right to withdraw his/her consent for the use of his/her name, images and/or voice prior to the use thereof by Citiwood in any promotional activity.
- A copy of these terms and conditions will be available on the official Citiwood website (www.citiwood.co.za).
- BY PARTICIPATING IN THE COMPETITION, YOU AGREE, SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, THAT NEITHER CITIWOOD NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE ADVERTISING AGENCIES WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES, DAMAGES, COSTS OR CLAIMS IN CONNECTION WITH THE COMPETITION OR RESULTING FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OF ANY PRIZE.
- CITIWOOD RESERVES THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE, SUSPEND OR AMEND THE COMPETITION FOR REASONS BEYOND ITS CONTROL. CITIWOOD AND ITS SERVICES PROVIDERS, INCLUDING ANY TELEPHONE NETWORK PROVIDERS, ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INCORRECT OR INACCURATE TRANSCRIPTION OF ENTRY INFORMATION, TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION, LOST OR DELAYED DATA TRANSMISSION, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, LINE FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION OF ANY TELEPHONE NETWORK, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE, THE INABILITY TO ACCESS ANY WEBSITE OR ONLINE SERVICES OR FOR ANY OTHER REASON BEYOND ITS CONTROL.